Alcoholics Anonymous Manitoba Central Office is temporarily closed until further notice due to the Corona Virus / COVID-19 pandemic. Telephone calls and email will be answered as usual.
Please refer to this page and the Find a Meeting page for the most up-to-date up-to-date meeting information, including any temporary closures, meeting changes, and Online Meeting alternatives. The Meeting Guide App on your smartphone or tablet updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting changes will be published on the website before they are reflected on the app.
***Please contact Manitoba Central Office and the Area 80 Website Team if there are any changes to meeting/event times and/or locations. A number of online AA meetings have been set up temporarily for those who are unable or unwilling to attend meetings in person during the Coronavirus outbreak.***
The Alcoholics Anonymous: 2020 International Convention in Detroit MI has been cancelled. For the official announcement and registration cancellation information visit the A.A. General Service Office website.
This page has been reorganized as more updates have come in. Please read carefully.
Information about Online Meetings
A number of Manitoba groups are holding online (virtual) meetings using a variety of software platforms (Zoom, Skype, etc.) Local groups can now have their online meetings added to the Find a Meeting page and the Meeting Guide app. Remember you are not limited to attending a meeting that is in your immediate area.
Information about online meetings will be added as it is received…please email Area 80 Website Team with details about your group’s online meeting!
Please see the Online Meetings page for further information.
A.A. Meeting Changes
- BOND (Bunch of Nameless Drunks) – Online meetings available.
- Brandon Women’s (Crocus Group) Monday night meeting – Online meetings available.
- Crocus Group – Brandon
- Charleswood Camels (until April 12th)
- Dauphin – Primary Purpose
- Dauphin – Welcome Group – Online meetings available.
- First Step – Online meetings available.
- Fort Garry / St. Norbert – Online meetings available.
- Greater Heartland in Winkler @ Boundary Trails Hospital (Saturday Meeting)
- Keep in Step (KIS)
- Lakeshore – Lac du Bonnet
- Language of the Heart
- North Kildonan – Online meetings available.
- Oakbank – Online meetings
- Richer Recovery
- Six Thirty-Nine
- Serenity (Kilarney)
- St. James Assiniboia
- St. Pierre-Jolys / Rat River
- St. Vital – Online meetings available.
- Steinbach – Auto City
- Transcona Discussion
- Unity – Brandon – Online meetings available.
- University Group (Both at University of Manitoba and University of Winnipeg). Decision on how to proceed with sponsorship meetings to be determined.
- New Virden Group – Virden
- Waywayseecapo – Thunderbird Group
- Wheat City – Brandon
- Winnipeg Women’s
- Winnipeg Group – Online meetings available.
- Young and Sober – Online meetings available.
- Alano has added additional meetings, daily at noon. Social distancing measures in effect at all meetings, no more than 10 people will be allowed at a time. Birthday night is canceled, and speaker meetings will now be regular discussion meetings.
- Until further Notice the Aaction Group will be hosting additional meetings. Meetings at 10:00 am, 12:00 noon, 6:30 pm, 8:00 pm, and 9:30 pm. Limited seating! No more than 9 may attend. When capacity is reached the door will be locked. Hand-washing station available at the front of the room and hand sanitizer will be made available at the door. Lysol wipes/spray will ALSO be available to clean after every meeting.
- The Weston Group is open to those in need. We are complying with provincial guidelines; a maximum of 10 attendees are allowed at the meeting with a minimum 6 foot radius to ensure proper social distancing.
Please see the Online Meeting page for information on online groups or meetings that are available as an alternative to local meetings. Your sponsor, group members, or friends in recovery may also be able to make helpful suggestions.
Please check this page or the Find a Meeting page first for group closures.The Meeting Guide App updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting closures may be published here before they are reflected in the app.
The River City Summer Conference is cancelled. Please see their website for further information.
The Welcome Group Anniversary scheduled for April 18th has been postponed until further notice.
The Spring Fling dry dance is postponed. Please hold to your tickets; event will be rescheduled at a future date.
The Dauphin Welcome Group 70th Annual Roundup, originally scheduled for April 24-26, 2020, has been postponed until further notice.
Treatment Facility Meetings
The following facilities have suspended meetings facilitated by outside groups:
- Health Science Centre Addictions Unit
- Martha Street Detox
- Magnus Street Detox
- Men’s AFM (Magnus Street)
- Main Street Project
- Womens AFM in Teulon
- AFM Parkwood in Brandon
- Tamarack Recovery has suspended services as of Friday, March 20th
If you are uncertain about treatment meeting closures, please check with your group’s Treatment Facilities Representative.
The Treatment Committee Meeting scheduled for Thursday March 19th is cancelled.
About Alcoholics Anonymous
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. It does not wish to engage in any controversy. It neither endorses nor opposes any causes.
Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.