Effective June 1st, Alcoholics Anonymous Manitoba Central Office is NOW OPEN during regular office hours: 11:30 am to 5:00 pm. Please note the following restrictions:
- Visitors are asked not to enter the office beyond the first meeting table in the main office area.
- Pick-up and delivery of office supplies and literature are welcome.
- Items will be exchanged across a table at the front of the office for that purpose.
- Cash can be used for literature purchases.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Washroom facilities are not available for use by visitors.
- Committee meetings are allowed:
- People to enter one at a time with proper social distance.
- MAXIMUM 8 people in meeting.
- People to sit no closer than 3 empty chairs from next person to left or right.
- People to sit along the wall rather than at the tables to ensure 6′ separation.
- Meeting chairperson sits alone at the head of table.
- After the meeting disinfectant wipes / other appropriate cleaning liquid and paper towels are used to wipe the tables and chairs that have been used.
The A.A. Manitoba web team are striving to provide up-to-date information for A.A. members and groups throughout our website:
Online A.A. Meetings
- The current list of Online A.A. meetings in Manitoba.
- Need help with online meetings? Information on how to attend, host/chair, and secure an online meeting can be found on the Online Meeting Information page.
- Find information about Online Committee Meetings below.
- Groups which have suspended or resumed in-person meetings due to changes in public health orders.
- Other meeting changes, such as attendance limits and social distancing protocols.
- Event changes.
- Treatment and detox facility changes.
The Online-Meeting List and the Find a Meeting page contain the most current meeting information. The Meeting Guide App on your iOS and Android updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting changes will be published on the website before they are reflected on the app.
Click here to open a letter from your Area 80 MB General Service Delegate.
Please share this letter with as many members of your groups as possible. These are difficult times for us all and I wrote it in the spirit of cooperation between Area 80 and Winnipeg Intergroup Association. It is my hope that AA will continue to thrive here during and after the pandemic.
—Donny, A.A. Area 80 (Manitoba) Delegate
A.A. Meeting Changes
- Absolute A.A.
- BOND (Bunch of Nameless Drunks):
In person meetings on Tuesday @ 7:30pm and Saturday morning @ 9:30 am will begin on 13 June.
Thursday evening meeting will change from 5:30 pm to 7:30 pm and will remain a zoom meeting only.
In person meetings note to attendees.
Covid screening at the door, a mandatory register for contact tracing is necessary.
A mask is mandatory, one will be provided if you don’t have your own.
Bring your own refreshments and 2m physical distancing is to be observed at all times, with no exceptions. Maximum capacity of 20 people, doors locked when full.
- Brandon – Crocus Group (Friday and Tuesday). Limit of 25 people, social distancing in place, hand sanitizer available. Masks required. Please bring your own beverages.
- Brandon – Westman Women’s
- Monday 6:30 p.m. in-person meeting: limit of 25 people, social distancing in place, hand sanitizer available. Masks required. Please bring your own beverages.
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m. online meeting available.
- Brandon – Wheat City
- Brandon – Winners Circle (at John Howard). Members must bring (and wear) their own mask.
- By the Book – Online meetings will remain available (from the clubroom). Social distancing measures in effect.
- Charleswood Camels
- Cavalier (hybrid meeting with ZOOM meetings continuing and taking place from the physical meeting)
- Centennial – members must wear masks.
- Dauphin – Primary Purpose
- Dauphin – Welcome Group – Both in-person ( Wed/Sat with social distancing and attendance limit of 9 people) and online meetings available.
- Fort Garry / St. Norbert
- Killarney – Thursday Night Serenity
- Lac du Bonnet – Lakeshore
- Morden – Fresh Air Group
- Noon Break
- North Kildonan – online meetings are no longer available. Social distancing measures in effect.
- Oakbank – in-person and online meetings available. Big Book Study, Birthday meeting, and business meeting will take place on Zoom.
- Portage Plains Group
- Rossburn – social distancing and maximum attendance of 8 members.
- Selkirk – Remote Communities Meeting – in-person and online meetings available.
- Six Thirty-Nine – Online meetings available.
- Souris – In-person meeting on Mondays, online meetings are no longer available.
- Steinbach – Auto City
- Stonewall – Stonewall Group
- St. James Assiniboia
- St. Vital
- Transcona Discussion – online meetings are no longer available.
- Swan River Group – online meetings are no longer available.
- Virden – New Virden Group
- Winkler – Greater Heartland meets at 1582 Pembina Ave W in Winkler, in-person and online meetings available. Social distancing and sanitization measures in effect
- Winkler – Low German Group meets at 1582 Pembina Ave W in Winkler
- Winnipeg Group: Attendance limited to 17 people at in-person meetings, as follows:
- 10:00 a.m. Monday, Wednesday, and Friday
- 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Thursday, and Saturday
- 6:30 p.m. Tuesday
- Online meetings: full schedule continuing same as for the past three months.
- Winnipeg Women’s
In-person meetings at the following groups are suspended until further notice. Groups which are hosting online-meetings are indicated as well.
- Beausejour Brokenhead
- Brandon – Unity – Online meetings available.
- First Step – Online meetings available.
- Falcon Lake – Whiteshell Group
- Keep in Step (KIS) – Online meetings available.
- Language of the Heart – Online meetings available.
- Richer Recovery
- Shilo – Just for Today
- Sioux Valley
- Southside – Online meetings available.
- Stonewall – Unity, Steps of Courage
- University Group – Online meetings available.
- Waywayseecapo – Thunderbird Group
- Winnipeg Beach
- Young and Sober – Online meetings available.
Please see the Online Meeting page for information on online groups or meetings that are available as an alternative to local meetings. Your sponsor, group members, or friends in recovery may also be able to make helpful suggestions.
Please check this page or the Find a Meeting page first for group closures.The Meeting Guide App updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting closures may be published here before they are reflected in the app.
Online Committee Meetings
The Thursday Remotes meeting has been changed to 8:00 p.m. Please see the meeting list.
The Alcoholics Anonymous: 2020 International Convention in Detroit MI has been cancelled. For the official announcement and registration cancellation information visit the A.A. General Service Office website.
Treatment Facility Meetings
The following facilities have suspended meetings facilitated by outside groups:
- Health Science Centre Addictions Unit
- Martha Street Detox
- Magnus Street Detox
- Men’s AFM (Magnus Street)
- Main Street Project
- Womens AFM in Teulon
- AFM Parkwood in Brandon
- Tamarack Recovery has suspended services as of Friday, March 20th
If you are uncertain about treatment meeting closures, please check with your group’s Treatment Facilities Representative.
About Alcoholics Anonymous
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. It does not wish to engage in any controversy. It neither endorses nor opposes any causes.
Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.