If you are using the Meeting Guide App on your iOS and Android smartphone or tablet, please update to the latest version, which has support for displaying online meetings and temporary group closures.
Alcoholics Anonymous Manitoba Central Office is temporarily closed until further notice due to the Corona Virus COVID-19 pandemic. Telephone calls and email will be answered as usual. Literature is available for purchase, with pick-up by appointment only (payment can only be accepted by cheque or e-Transfer). Please call or email the office to make arrangements.
The A.A. Manitoba web team are striving to provide up-to-date information for A.A. members and groups throughout our website:
Online A.A. Meetings
- The current list of Online A.A. meetings in Manitoba.
- Need help with online meetings? Information on how to attend, host/chair, and secure an online meeting can be found on the Online Meeting Information page.
- Find information about Online Committee Meetings below.
- Groups which have suspended or resumed in-person meetings due to changes in public health orders.
- Other meeting changes, such as attendance limits and social distancing protocols.
- Event changes.
- Treatment and detox facility changes.
The Online-Meeting List and the Find a Meeting page contain the most current meeting information. The Meeting Guide App on your iOS and Android updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting changes will be published on the website before they are reflected on the app.
Click here to open a letter from your Area 80 MB General Service Delegate.
Please share this letter with as many members of your groups as possible. These are difficult times for us all and I wrote it in the spirit of cooperation between Area 80 and Winnipeg Intergroup Association. It is my hope that AA will continue to thrive here during and after the pandemic.
—Donny, A.A. Area 80 (Manitoba) Delegate
A.A. Meeting Changes
- Brandon – Crocus Group (Friday and Tuesday only; the women’s meeting is still suspended for the time being). Limit of 25 people, social distancing in place, hand sanitizer available. Please bring your own beverages.
- Stonewall – Stonewall Group
- Noon Break
In-person meetings at the following groups are suspended until further notice. Groups which are hosting online-meetings are indicated as well.
- Absolute A.A.
- Beausejour Brokenhead
- BOND (Bunch of Nameless Drunks) – Online meetings available.
- Brandon – Unity – Online meetings available.
- Brandon Women’s (Westman Women’s) Monday night meeting – Online meetings available.
- By the Book – Online meetings available.
- Brandon – Crocus Group – women’s meeting
- Brandon – Wheat City
- Carman Group
- Charleswood Camels
- Dauphin – Primary Purpose
- Dauphin – Welcome Group – Online meetings available.
- First Step – Online meetings available.
- Fort Garry / St. Norbert – Online meetings available.
- Keep in Step (KIS) – Online meetings available.
- Killarney – Serenity
- Lac du Bonnet – Lakeshore
- Language of the Heart
- Morden – Fresh Air Group
- North Kildonan – Online meetings available.
- Oakbank – Online meetings
- Portage Plains Group – Online meetings
- Richer Recovery
- Shilo – Just for Today
- Six Thirty-Nine – Online meetings available.
- Souris – Online meetings available.
- Southside – Online meetings available.
- St. James Assiniboia
- St. Pierre-Jolys / Rat River
- St. Vital – Online meetings available.
- Steinbach – Auto City
- Stonewall – Unity, Steps of Courage
- Swan River Group – Online meetings available.
- Transcona Discussion – Online meetings available.
- University Group – Online meetings available.
- Virden – New Virden Group – Online meeting available.
- Waywayseecapo – Thunderbird Group
- Winkler – Greater Heartland @ Boundary Trails Hospital (Saturday Meeting)
- Winnipeg Women’s
- Winnipeg Group – Online meetings available.
- Young and Sober – Online meetings available.
- Melita Group are still meeting in-person, but you can also join the meeting online.
- Alano has added additional meetings, daily at noon. Social distancing measures in effect at all meetings, no more than 10 people will be allowed at a time. Birthday night is canceled, and speaker meetings will now be regular discussion meetings.
- Until further Notice the Aaction Group will be hosting additional meetings. Meetings at 10:00 am, 12:00 noon, 6:30 pm, 8:00 pm, and 9:30 pm. Limited seating! No more than 9 may attend. When capacity is reached the door will be locked. Hand-washing station available at the front of the room and hand sanitizer will be made available at the door. Lysol wipes/spray will ALSO be available to clean after every meeting. There are also online meetings available.
- The Weston Group is open to those in need. They are complying with provincial guidelines; a maximum of 10 attendees are allowed at the meeting with a minimum 6 foot radius to ensure proper social distancing.
- Welcome Group in Winnipeg are continuing to meet in person, but have limited attendance to 10 or less (including the chairperson). They also have online meetings available.
Please see the Online Meeting page for information on online groups or meetings that are available as an alternative to local meetings. Your sponsor, group members, or friends in recovery may also be able to make helpful suggestions.
Please check this page or the Find a Meeting page first for group closures.The Meeting Guide App updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting closures may be published here before they are reflected in the app.
Online Committee Meetings
May 17th at 4 p.m. – The Bridging the Gap Committee will be holding an online Zoom meeting. Please contact email@example.com
The Alcoholics Anonymous: 2020 International Convention in Detroit MI has been cancelled. For the official announcement and registration cancellation information visit the A.A. General Service Office website.
The River City Summer Conference is cancelled. Please see their website for further information.
The Welcome Group Anniversary scheduled for April 18th has been postponed until further notice.
The Spring Fling dry dance is postponed. Please hold to your tickets; event will be rescheduled at a future date.
The Dauphin Welcome Group 70th Annual Roundup, originally scheduled for April 24-26, 2020, has been postponed until further notice.
Treatment Facility Meetings
The following facilities have suspended meetings facilitated by outside groups:
- Health Science Centre Addictions Unit
- Martha Street Detox
- Magnus Street Detox
- Men’s AFM (Magnus Street)
- Main Street Project
- Womens AFM in Teulon
- AFM Parkwood in Brandon
- Tamarack Recovery has suspended services as of Friday, March 20th
If you are uncertain about treatment meeting closures, please check with your group’s Treatment Facilities Representative.
About Alcoholics Anonymous
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. It does not wish to engage in any controversy. It neither endorses nor opposes any causes.
Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.