In-person Meetings & Manitoba Public Health Orders
With the current health and safety regulations around public gatherings please be mindful that many Area 80 meetings are not happening in person.
Each group is autonomous and is guided by a well-informed group conscience. The following information is provided to help you and your group be informed of the current public health orders and recommendations of your own local community.
The following is an excerpt from the public health order dated April 27, 2021:
Please inform your groups ASAP and any other groups that may not have a GSR or Intergroup representative.
Click here for a copy of the current public health orders.
A.A. Manitoba Central Office
Manitoba Central Office is OPEN during regular office hours: 11:30 am to 5:00 pm. Please note the following restrictions:
- Visitors are asked not to enter the office beyond the first meeting table in the main office area.
- Pick-up and delivery of office supplies and literature are welcome.
- Items will be exchanged across a table at the front of the office for that purpose.
- Cash can be used for literature purchases.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- Washroom facilities are not available for use by visitors.
- Committee meetings are allowed:
- People to enter one at a time with proper social distance.
- MAXIMUM 5 people in meeting.
- People to sit no closer than 3 empty chairs from next person to left or right.
- People to sit along the wall rather than at the tables to ensure 6′ separation.
- Meeting chairperson sits alone at the head of table.
- After the meeting disinfectant wipes / other appropriate cleaning liquid and paper towels are used to wipe the tables and chairs that have been used.
The A.A. Manitoba Web Team are striving to provide up-to-date information for A.A. members and groups throughout our website:
Online A.A. Meetings
- The current list of Online A.A. meetings in Manitoba.
- Need help with online meetings? Information on how to attend, host/chair, and secure an online meeting can be found on the Online Meeting Information page.
- Find information about Online Committee Meetings below.
- Groups which have suspended or resumed in-person meetings due to changes in public health orders.
- Other meeting changes, such as attendance limits and social distancing protocols.
- Event changes.
- Treatment and detox facility changes.
The Online-Meeting List and the Find a Meeting page contain the most current meeting information. The Meeting Guide App on your iOS and Android updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting changes will be published on the website before they are reflected on the app.
Click here to open a letter from your Area 80 MB General Service Delegate.
Please share this letter with as many members of your groups as possible. These are difficult times for us all and I wrote it in the spirit of cooperation between Area 80 and Winnipeg Intergroup Association. It is my hope that AA will continue to thrive here during and after the pandemic.
—Donny, A.A. Area 80 (Manitoba) Delegate
A.A. Meeting Changes
- Absolute A.A.
- Beausejour Brokenhead
- Brandon – Crocus Group (Friday and Tuesday). Limit of 25 people, social distancing in place, hand sanitizer available. Masks required. Please bring your own beverages.
- Brandon – Westman Women’s
- Monday 6:30 p.m. in-person meeting: limit of 25 people, social distancing in place, hand sanitizer available. Masks required. Please bring your own beverages.
- Saturday, 10:00 a.m. online meeting available.
- Brandon – Wheat City
- Brandon – Winners Circle (at John Howard). Members must bring (and wear) their own mask.
- By the Book – hybrid in-person / Online meetings available.
- Bunch of Nameless Drunks (BOND) has some in person and online meetings
- Cavalier Zoom only.
- Centennial – members must wear masks.
- Dauphin – Primary Purpose
- Dauphin – Welcome Group – Both in-person ( Mon, Wed, Fri & Sunday with social distancing and attendance limit of 9 people) and online meetings available.
- First Step – Online meetings also available.
- Fort Garry / St. Norbert
- Gilbert Plains
- Killarney – Thursday Night Serenity
- Keep In Step – Sunday – Keep In Step (KIS)
- Lac du Bonnet – Lakeshore
- Landmark Dawson Trail
- Noon Break
- North Kildonan – online meetings are no longer available. Social distancing measures in effect.
- Oakbank – in-person and online meetings available. Big Book Study, Birthday meeting, and business meeting will take place on Zoom.
- St. Vital – Online meetings also available.
- Selkirk – Remote Communities Meeting – in-person and online meetings available.
- Seven Oaks has resumed in person meetings and Monday online meeting available
- Sandhills Group St. Claude has resumed in person meetings
- Six Thirty-Nine – Online meetings also available.
- Souris – In-person meeting on Mondays, online meetings are no longer available.
- Southside — in person meeting on Tuesdays at 6:30; Zoom meetings Tuesdays & Thursdays at 7:30
- St. James Assiniboia Tuesday & Friday
- Stonewall – Stonewall Group
- Swan River Group – online meetings are no longer available.
- Transcona Discussion Group has some in person and online meetings
- Virden – New Virden Group
- Welcome Group has some in person and online meetings
- Weston Group has resumed in person meetings and continues online meetings
- Winkler – Greater Heartland meets at 1582 Pembina Ave W in Winkler, in-person and online meetings available. Social distancing and sanitization measures in effect.
- Winkler – Low German Group meets at 1582 Pembina Ave W in Winkler.
- Winnipeg Group has some in person and online meetings
- Winnipeg Group Women’s has some in person and online meetings
- Winners Circle
In-person meetings at the following groups are suspended until further notice. Groups which are hosting online-meetings are indicated as well.
- Brandon – Unity – Online meetings available.
- Carman – Online meetings available.
- Charleswood Camels
- Falcon Lake – Whiteshell Group
- Gimli – Online meetings available.
- Keep in Step (KIS) – Online meetings available.
- Language of the Heart – Online meetings available.
- Lakeshore Group
- Morden Fresh Air Group – Online meetings available.
- Portage Plains Group – Online meetings available.
- St. Pierre Jolys – Rat River Group
- Richer Recovery
- Shilo – Just for Today
- Sioux Valley
- Steinbach – Auto City – Online meetings available.
- Please see St. Vital Group website for further information.
- Stonewall – Unity, Steps of Courage
- University Group – Online meetings available.
- Waywayseecapo – Thunderbird Group
- Winnipeg Beach
- Young and Sober – Online meetings available.
Please see the Online Meeting page for information on online groups or meetings that are available as an alternative to local meetings. Your sponsor, group members, or friends in recovery may also be able to make helpful suggestions.
Please check this page or the Find a Meeting page first for group closures.The Meeting Guide App updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting closures may be published here before they are reflected in the app.
Treatment Facility Meetings
The following facilities have suspended meetings facilitated by outside groups:
- Health Science Centre Addictions Unit
- Martha Street Detox
- Magnus Street Detox
- Men’s AFM (Magnus Street)
- Main Street Project
- Womens AFM in Teulon
- AFM Parkwood in Brandon
- Tamarack Recovery has suspended services as of Friday, March 20th
If you are uncertain about treatment meeting closures, please check with your group’s Treatment Facilities Representative.
About Alcoholics Anonymous
Alcoholics Anonymous is a fellowship of men and women who share their experience, strength and hope with each other that they may solve their common problem and help others to recover from alcoholism.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop drinking. There are no dues or fees for A.A. membership; we are self-supporting through our own contributions.
A.A. is not allied with any sect, denomination, politics, organization or institution. It does not wish to engage in any controversy. It neither endorses nor opposes any causes.
Our primary purpose is to stay sober and help other alcoholics to achieve sobriety.