In-person Meetings & Manitoba Public Health Orders
With the current health and safety regulations around public gatherings please be mindful that many Area 80 meetings are not happening in person.
Each group is autonomous and is guided by a well-informed group conscience. The following information is provided to help you and your group be informed of the current public health orders and recommendations of your own local community.
The Provincial Government has published new public health orders which took effect September 2nd, 2021 at 12:01 a.m.Under the new orders:
- Indoor and outdoor gathering limits apply.
- Indoor gatherings at an indoor public place or the common areas of a multi-unit residence limited to 50 people or 50 per cent of capacity, whichever is greater.
- Outdoor gatherings in public setting limited to 1,500 people or if the outdoor venue has a capacity limit, the allowed capacity is 50 per cent or 150 people, whichever is greater.
Use of masks
22(1) A person who enters or remains in an
indoor public place must wear a mask in a
manner that covers their mouth, nose and chin
Public Health Orders, September 2nd, 2021
Please inform your groups ASAP and any other groups that may not have a GSR or Intergroup representative.
The A.A. Manitoba Web Team are striving to provide up-to-date information for A.A. members and groups throughout our website. Please note that we do not make changes to group information without a request from a credible group representative.
The Online-Meeting List and the Find a Meeting page contain the most current meeting information. The Meeting Guide App on your iOS and Android updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting changes will be published on the website before they are reflected on the app.
Online A.A. Meetings
- The current list of Online A.A. meetings in Manitoba.
- Need help with online meetings? Information on how to attend, host/chair, and secure an online meeting can be found on the Online Meeting Information page. Your sponsor, group members, or friends in recovery may also be able to make helpful suggestions.
Please check the Find a Meeting page first for meeting times, attendance limits, and group closures.The Meeting Guide App updates automatically every 12 hours, so meeting closures may be published here before they are reflected in the app.
Treatment Facility Meetings
The following facilities have suspended meetings facilitated by outside groups:
- Health Science Centre Addictions Unit
- Martha Street Detox
- Magnus Street Detox
- Men’s AFM (Magnus Street)
- Main Street Project
- Womens AFM in Teulon
- AFM Parkwood in Brandon
- Tamarack Recovery has suspended services as of Friday, March 20th
If you are uncertain about treatment meeting closures, please check with your group’s Treatment Facilities Representative.